Yo. NEO? PS4?!?! I am about to be insufferable y'all...

crimson_tide

Yo. NEO? PS4?!?! I am about to be insufferable y'all...

Post by crimson_tide »

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH SNAP SON, THAT'S SHO MINAMIMOTO IN SHIBUYA AND WHAT THE HELL SQUARE? LIKE NORMALLY YOUR STUPID ASS COUNTDOWNS MEAN NOTHING BUT HOW AND WHEN DID YOU DO THIS? WHY DID YOU DO THIS, I AM THE LITERAL ONLY OTHER PERSON WHO WANTS THIS? YOU COULDA WARNED A NEGRO YOU KNOW, I AM NOT READY...

CLICK THIS LINK NOW https://youtu.be/6bUU_58xrtc

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DON'T READ THIS, CLICK THE LINK, CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all gonna be sick of me, I am going to talk about nothing but this for years...I can't believe it, FINALLY!!!

PS - Argyle, can I get a fair warning before you permaban me, imma talk about this a lot :P
canedaddy

Re: Yo. NEO? PS4?!?! I am about to be insufferable y'all...

Post by canedaddy »

Well it's not out till summer 2021 so you're gonna need to settle down amigo. :D
argyle

Post by argyle »

I knew you'd be hyped about this one as soon as I heard about it. :D

Which probably makes you wonder, why didn't I post about it here the very second I saw the announcement? I don't know! I'm sorry!!!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

THERE'S A DEMO FLIPPING A, THERE'S A DEMO :D :D :D :D :D
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I wonder if I should play that weird game on the DS? :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:25 am I wonder if I should play that weird game on the DS? :P
Or you could play it on your phone. Or on your Switch. They lose ever so slightly in the translation but the center remains. You could also watch the anime currently releasing on Hulu with subs (it's 12 episodes so it's about 4 or so hours total to burn through). You could also watch this six part, super in depth dive into The World Ends With You as a piece of literature which spoils the whole game but is fascinating nonetheless because he hits on everything so it's almost like you played it yourself:

There's probably some untranslated manga I am missing somewhere too...anyway, go play the demo as it's not necessary to have played and absorbed the first game entirely multiple times and having gone out to get a player pin tatted to enjoy it Izzy, ya smartass :P !
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:11 am
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:25 am I wonder if I should play that weird game on the DS? :P
Or you could play it on your phone. Or on your Switch. They lose ever so slightly in the translation but the center remains. You could also watch the anime currently releasing on Hulu with subs (it's 12 episodes so it's about 4 or so hours total to burn through). You could also watch this six part, super in depth dive into The World Ends With You as a piece of literature which spoils the whole game but is fascinating nonetheless because he hits on everything so it's almost like you played it yourself:

There's probably some untranslated manga I am missing somewhere too...anyway, go play the demo as it's not necessary to have played and absorbed the first game entirely multiple times and having gone out to get a player pin tatted to enjoy it Izzy, ya smartass :P !
I still have it sealed on the DS. (No idea if it's worth keeping it that way.) One day...one day, I will play it in honor of you my friend.

Edit: Just looked it up, and it looks like it's going for about $80-$100 on ebay. Not so rare, I suppose. Maybe I'll pop that seal...one day. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Fam. Bruhs. I am on week 3. I thought I was joking with the game of the forever stuff. I don't know. I am loving this game. It is seriously giving goat level vibes. I wasn't really feeling the story but they did it AGAIN. They are seriously crushing this story of systemic oppression and battling against it and I did not see this coming. I was sure DQ11S or 13 Sentinels were essentially locked in combat for game of the year for me. Neo stepped it up HARD and said 'Nah. Hold my latte.' and just wrecked shop all up and through here. Full breakdown when I finish. Unless they turn sideways, they are cruising to and easy win...