Source of Madness
Vesper
Wolfstride
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 227: 5/7/22: Evil Dead: The Game Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Gran Turismo 7

Added to Backlog: Isle of Bigsnax (Bugsnax DLC)

Current Backlog: 40 games

I've completed menu 34 in GT7 (out of 39). That's not the end of the game as there's still a lot of races/licenses/challenges/etc to complete. I'll check some of that out I'm sure, though my skills will probably limit my progress.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That's not what I expect to hear from The Machine.

Played recently: Elden Ring

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 20 (19 PS4, 1 Vita)

More Elden Ring for me. I think I'm at level 74 at 90 hours or so... I have killed a lot of bosses and badasses across the land, but there are still so many who wipe the floor with me in a few seconds. :lol:

I've gotten closer on one infamous boss who was accidentally nerfed and then un-nerfed. I can get the health bar down halfway before he one-hit-kills me. One of these days!!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 am That's not what I expect to hear from The Machine.
:lol:
canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 amMore Elden Ring for me. I think I'm at level 74 at 90 hours or so... I have killed a lot of bosses and badasses across the land, but there are still so many who wipe the floor with me in a few seconds. :lol:

I've gotten closer on one infamous boss who was accidentally nerfed and then un-nerfed. I can get the health bar down halfway before he one-hit-kills me. One of these days!!
I’m glad that you’re enjoying it, but it sounds way too daunting to me. I’m more of a laidback gamer these days, I don’t like playing really challenging games that stress me out. It’s difficult for me to stick with something that constantly aggravates me, or have a desire to dive back into something knowing that it’s going to frustrate me. Of course overcoming challenges in games is part of their fun, but the challenges can be too demanding to the point where they’re not fun. That’s the problem that I’ve had with every Soulsborne game that I’ve played, and I know that Elden Ring will be the same. But that’s fine as I have plenty of other games to play.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing Unreal World and loving it. I can't believe I waited so long to finally dive in.

I played Adr1ft earlier in the week. It's a game where you're lost in the wreckage of your space craft and have to try and work out your rescue. It's visually stunning, but there were some significant issues with the rest of the package. I played about six hours but didn't finish. It was designed for VR, but I only played on the TV. I can imagine it would be crazy immersive in VR though as you hover above the globe. Was still impressive in terms of presentation on the regular screen.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That sounds cool in VR.

Phaseknox wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:48 pm I’m glad that you’re enjoying it, but it sounds way too daunting to me. I’m more of a laidback gamer these days, I don’t like playing really challenging games that stress me out. It’s difficult for me to stick with something that constantly aggravates me, or have a desire to dive back into something knowing that it’s going to frustrate me. Of course overcoming challenges in games is part of their fun, but the challenges can be too demanding to the point where they’re not fun. That’s the problem that I’ve had with every Soulsborne game that I’ve played, and I know that Elden Ring will be the same. But that’s fine as I have plenty of other games to play.
I hear you, but you might have fun with it anyway... make a female character and go as far as you can go till you get frustrated. I'm sure that would be at least 10 hours.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pm That sounds cool in VR.
Yeah, I don't have a VR device, but if I ever get one I'll probably give it another spin. Here's a few pics I took:

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Dang, that looks pretty real. VR would be trippy.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pmI hear you, but you might have fun with it anyway... make a female character and go as far as you can go till you get frustrated. I'm sure that would be at least 10 hours.
In that case, I still might check it out when I can get it for $20 or less.
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:48 pm
canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pmThat sounds cool in VR.
Yeah, I don't have a VR device, but if I ever get one I'll probably give it another spin. Here's a few pics I took:

That looks cool, you would feel like you were actually in space playing it with a VR headset.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 am That's not what I expect to hear from The Machine.
Well, it was bound to happen at some point. I can still dominate games like Bugsnax though. :lol: