The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:45 pmPhase, are you wishing you had a Switch to play while you're locked up? :P
It’s funny that you should say that, because I’ve been posting what I’ve been going through at another video game message forum that I frequent and mentioned that it would be nice to have a Switch. Some of the members there decided to get me one, and each contributed some money for me to buy a Switch OLED, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and a Pro Controller. They gave me Amazon gift card codes so that I could order everything from Amazon, have it shipped to my house and a family friend would pick it up and bring it to me in the hospital when it arrived. This was before my foot was amputated, after my foot was amputated I wasn’t feeling very good so I wasn’t up to ordering the Switch. I didn’t start feeling better for several days, and by that time I knew that I would be coming home soon so it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to order it then so I’m going to order it when I get home. I realize that defeats the purpose of buying it to play in the hospital and rehab, but I still want it and it will be nice to have the ability to play it in handheld mode anywhere in the house so that I don’t always have to be in my room when I want to play games.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by canedaddy »

Wow, great group of folks on that board! Love to see that.

I thought of it because my buddy's daughter broke her leg and he got her a Switch since she'll be in a full leg cast for weeks.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I'm constantly shocked that all of you guys aren't on board w/ the Switch. I love the thing, and I don't even use it in handheld mode (because I'm blind :P ). It has a killer library, and is the perfect place for playing indies IMO. Best system Nintendo has ever put out IMO.

Enjoy it Phase, that's really cool of your "second gaming board family" to do. ;)
OIP.png
OIP.png (109.17 KiB) Viewed 8270 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Yeah, that was very nice of them to chip in.

Anyone interested in Tchia? Looks kinda fun and interesting.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah phase, what a cool group in your other house. Don't you get tired trying to have two families. :P Always struggled with one, lol.

And argyle, I think the Switch is cool, but PC already has its library. :o :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:51 pm Yeah phase, what a cool group in your other house. Don't you get tired trying to have two families. :P Always struggled with one, lol.

And argyle, I think the Switch is cool, but PC already has its library. :o :P
Reminds me of something funny I saw earlier today:
funny gamer chat.png
:lol: :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

lmao

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I don’t get to go home until Tuesday. :(
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Hope you can endure another few days of CNN or "Judge Judy" reruns or whatever you're stuck watching.
argyle wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:29 pm I'm constantly shocked that all of you guys aren't on board w/ the Switch. I love the thing, and I don't even use it in handheld mode (because I'm blind :P ). It has a killer library, and is the perfect place for playing indies IMO. Best system Nintendo has ever put out IMO.
The library is great, no doubt. My thing is I just don't like being in the Nintendo ecosystem. The anti-consumer crap they pull is obscene, games being full price years after they came out and whatnot. Also, pretty much the entire current first-party lineup is unappealing to me, while stuff that is appealing (such as the Windwaker remake) is locked away on dead hardware. And the Switch controller just feels weird to me, in handheld mode or on TV.

But I wouldn't rule out jumping back in if, for example, Windwaker is moved to Switch or they have an avalanche of other stuff I can't resist (I do like Fire Emblem). But for now I'm good on the old PS4. :)
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:11 am The library is great, no doubt. My thing is I just don't like being in the Nintendo ecosystem. The anti-consumer crap they pull is obscene...
From a business standpoint, as much as I love their games, Nintendo is an awful lot like Apple to me, and I loathe them (Apple) with a fire of a thousand suns.

Thankfully, like Sega, PC also does what Nintendon't. :P