The Backlog Check-in Vol. 322: 3/2/24: Unicorn Overlord/WWE 2K24 Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 322: 3/2/24: Unicorn Overlord/WWE 2K24 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 amIf indivisible is the game I am thinking of, It's not the Valkyrie Profile replacement I desperately wanted it to be :cry: ... good thing Valkyrie Profile is now on PS4 :D !!!
What didn’t you like about it? I have Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PS4, and I’m hoping that they release Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for it as well.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 am Dondoko Island is going to be a separate entry on my GOTY list. It is its own thing. I love it. Four stars closing in on five with the end of the story in sight! Then I'll get back to the gang :D !
And with a pile of cash for nicer weapons/armor! Sounds like you are really enjoying that side activity.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I started playing Burnhouse Lane, and it’s a really good dark and disturbing 2.5D side scrolling psychological horror adventure game. It’s currently on sale for $9.99 at the PS Store, and I recommend it if you like the genre.

Last edited by Phaseknox on Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Post by DiscipleGeek »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:05 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:31 pm Why can we no longer post YouTube videos here? :?:
Yeah, I mentioned the YT issue to argyle and he said he was going to tell DG about it.
It's kinda convoluted, but it started with the fact that somewhere along the way we lost the ability to post spoiler text. And when we went to add that feature back, it would throw errors. When there are a lot of crazy errors with software like the board, the first thing you typically do is upgrade in case there was a bug fix that solved the issue. This was indeed the case for us. Upgrading the board software allowed us to add the spoiler BBCode. BUT, this new board version no longer supported the old way of embedding media and required a plugin. I added the plugin but didn't realize it didn't grant permission to everyone.

Argyle mentioned it a few days ago, but I was not at my computer, and if I'm not where I can immediately do something like that, I tend to forget it. He reminded me this morning and everyone should now have access.

Anyway, sorry guys.

Hi BTW, I still occasionally lurk.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

j, I hit 5 stars and dealt with those Washbucklers (what an adorable name for a group of unrepentant eco terrorists :lol: )! Finished the story and when I leave (I am using the get 100 guests trophy as an excuse), the first thing I am doing is making a beeline straight to finish the Sujimon League substory I was too low level to deal with previously :twisted: ... I abso ******* lutley am LOVING everything about Infinite Wealth. And I just opened up the job system before Dondoko Island so there's just so much more to get back into. I am dreading the ticking clock with Kazuma, another reason to just stay on Dondoko :cry: ...
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:51 pm
crimson_tide wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 amIf indivisible is the game I am thinking of, It's not the Valkyrie Profile replacement I desperately wanted it to be :cry: ... good thing Valkyrie Profile is now on PS4 :D !!!
What didn’t you like about it? I have Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PS4, and I’m hoping that they release Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for it as well.
It was that they got too precious with the 2D segments which weren't very good. I think there was a boss that had 2D segments DURING the boss fight. It looked and sounded great and evoked Valkyrie Profile but it just didn't hit the same way. The battle system was very combo heavy which I did like but couldn't get over the 2D stuff. I think I went on to Miles Morales after that and then never went back.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

DiscipleGeek wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:46 am It's kinda convoluted, but it started with the fact that somewhere along the way we lost the ability to post spoiler text. And when we went to add that feature back, it would throw errors. When there are a lot of crazy errors with software like the board, the first thing you typically do is upgrade in case there was a bug fix that solved the issue. This was indeed the case for us. Upgrading the board software allowed us to add the spoiler BBCode. BUT, this new board version no longer supported the old way of embedding media and required a plugin. I added the plugin but didn't realize it didn't grant permission to everyone.

Argyle mentioned it a few days ago, but I was not at my computer, and if I'm not where I can immediately do something like that, I tend to forget it. He reminded me this morning and everyone should now have access.

Anyway, sorry guys.

What a unicorn of a sighting, ha. Thanks for sorting this and keeping us all up to date. Do you even still play games or are you just argyles alter-ego? :P

In the spirit of the fix, I just played a really lovely game called Sumire. It's a narrative focused game about making the best of your circumstances and living in the moment you've got and doing the best you can, in brief. Anyway, here's the trailer and a beautiful song from the game:

Just a really sweet and moving game. Only about four hours, so it's not a huge time investment.

Edit : Phase I already had Burnhouse Lane on my wishlist, but thanks for sharing. I'll probably pick it up one day.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

DiscipleGeek wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:46 amIt's kinda convoluted, but it started with the fact that somewhere along the way we lost the ability to post spoiler text. And when we went to add that feature back, it would throw errors. When there are a lot of crazy errors with software like the board, the first thing you typically do is upgrade in case there was a bug fix that solved the issue. This was indeed the case for us. Upgrading the board software allowed us to add the spoiler BBCode. BUT, this new board version no longer supported the old way of embedding media and required a plugin. I added the plugin but didn't realize it didn't grant permission to everyone.

Anyway, sorry guys.

Thanks for fixing it. I haven’t seen you in a while, what have you been playing?
crimson_tide wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:51 pmWhat didn’t you like about it? I have Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PS4, and I’m hoping that they release Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for it as well.
It was that they got too precious with the 2D segments which weren't very good. I think there was a boss that had 2D segments DURING the boss fight. It looked and sounded great and evoked Valkyrie Profile but it just didn't hit the same way. The battle system was very combo heavy which I did like but couldn't get over the 2D stuff.
What do you mean by the 2D segments, are you talking about the levels that you traverse? I like the level designs and platforming, the traversal is fun IMO.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:40 pmI just played a really lovely game called Sumire. It's a narrative focused game about making the best of your circumstances and living in the moment you've got and doing the best you can, in brief.
It looks good, but it’s not on PS4. :(
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:40 pmPhase I already had Burnhouse Lane on my wishlist, but thanks for sharing. I'll probably pick it up one day.
I think that you will really like it.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am j, I hit 5 stars and dealt with those Washbucklers (what an adorable name for a group of unrepentant eco terrorists :lol: )! Finished the story and when I leave (I am using the get 100 guests trophy as an excuse), the first thing I am doing is making a beeline straight to finish the Sujimon League substory I was too low level to deal with previously :twisted: ... I abso ******* lutley am LOVING everything about Infinite Wealth. And I just opened up the job system before Dondoko Island so there's just so much more to get back into. I am dreading the ticking clock with Kazuma, another reason to just stay on Dondoko :cry: ...
I saved the Sujimon League for chapter 12 or 13, just didn't seem appealing. But it was kinda fun and my team rarely had any issues as they leveled up...protip: get a Pleatherface if you can, his chainsaw attack was like 95% of my offense.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Hey, a DG sighting! Good to know you still lurk occasionally, but you are more than welcome to comment from time to time. :P

(Oh, in case you're wondering what that game is in my profile below, it's Sea of Stars. Loving it so far.)
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:16 amin case you're wondering what that game is in my profile below, it's Sea of Stars. Loving it so far.
I bought it on day one and played it for a few hours and was really enjoying it, but stopped when I got Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle. I’ve been wanting to go back to it, but I’ve been playing other games that I’ve been buying. I’ll play it again eventually.