The Haul Thread 2024

Phaseknox

Re: The Haul Thread 2024

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:49 amI just grabbed a pretty good-looking bundle of 10 games for $5 from Fanatical
That’s a great deal, I’m sure that a couple of them like Tunche and Valfaris are worth $5 alone. I have both of those in my backlog.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:49 am I just grabbed a pretty good-looking bundle of 10 games for $5 from Fanatical:

Screenshot 2024-07-13 064637.png
Screenshot 2024-07-13 064659.png
I love buying bundles like that. I've bought so many with tons of cheapos from fanatical. It's worth it even if a couple hit for you. And if not, it was no big loss.

The only one I didn't have from that list was You Suck at Parking. Sounds promising. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Forgot to post the 2nd batch of games I got from the Steam sale last week before it ended:
steam-2.png

And this arrived yesterday:
81gd+fGlPKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Fanatical had their "bundle fest" this week which they have from time to time, and I ended up getting a few from each of this week's bundles. I had many of them on my wishlist, even if they weren't "must-have's" lol. I usually throw on anything I think I might be even mildly interested in just so I'll get price updates for big drops and then I'll investigate deeper to see if I really want to get it. But many of them, I'm really expecting to enjoy. For everything it was 23 games for $42.30 out the door. So roughly 1.84 a game. Pretty good, even if I only really end up loving a handful of them and finding some mild enjoyment from most of the rest.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:06 pmFanatical had their "bundle fest" this week which they have from time to time, and I ended up getting a few from each of this week's bundles.
The only games that you got that I’m familiar with are Icey, King’s Bounty II and Quake. I especially like King’s Bounty II, it’s one of the better third person RPGs that I’ve played in a while. And that’s partly because I really liked playing as Katharine, her sarcastic wit had me laughing out loud a lot of the time.

This article talks about her: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/kathar ... bounty-ii/

The game itself is a fairly big fantasy adventure with fun strategic/tactical turn-based combat. I don’t expect you to like it as much as I did, but I think that you’ll still somewhat enjoy it if you like Eurojank RPGs.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:16 pm The only games that you got that I’m familiar with are Icey, King’s Bounty II and Quake. I especially like King’s Bounty II, it’s one of the better third person RPGs that I’ve played in a while. And that’s partly because I really liked playing as Katharine, her sarcastic wit had me laughing out loud a lot of the time.

This article talks about her: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/kathar ... bounty-ii/

The game itself is a fairly big fantasy adventure with fun strategic/tactical turn-based combat. I don’t expect you to like it as much as I did, but I think that you’ll still somewhat enjoy it if you like Eurojank RPGs.
Yeah, I enjoy Eurojank, generally speaking. I really had a good time with ELEX. I already have four other King's Bounty games in my backlog (Crossworlds, Dark Side, Warriors of the North, and The Legend), but haven't played any of them yet. And I know fans are a bit mixed on KB II, but for so cheap, I figured I'd add it to the pile.

And I never played any version of Quake, so I figured I might as well (eventually) see what all the fuss *was*, ha, about.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:48 amI already have four other King's Bounty games in my backlog (Crossworlds, Dark Side, Warriors of the North, and The Legend), but haven't played any of them yet. And I know fans are a bit mixed on KB II, but for so cheap, I figured I'd add it to the pile.
I didn’t know that there were that many King’s Bounty games. I know that King’s Bounty II is different from the other games in the series, and that’s why fans are mixed on it.
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:48 amI never played any version of Quake, so I figured I might as well (eventually) see what all the fuss *was*, ha, about.
Quake 4 is one of my favorite first person shooters.
isthatallyougot

I already had SH Homecoming on PS3, but I usually pick up things on PC if I can find a good deal. I'm also really looking forward to Sable - seems like my kind of jam.

argyle

Post by argyle »

Where was that from Izzy? :?:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:21 am Where was that from Izzy? :?:
CD Keys. I already had Stubbs and Innerspace in my Steam cart since they were on a good sale and had been on my wish list for a while. But I figured I'd look around before checkout just in case, and they were both cheaper on CD Keys, and so I ended up browsing and kept filling my cart, and before I knew it, it was too full, ha.

I may have mentioned before that I don't use CD Keys often, and I don't - primarily out of principle. It's not that they don't sell legitimate keys, but rather their method of obtaining them is via the exploitation of regional pricing which, depending on your perspective, can be viewed as harmful to developers and the industry at large, among other potential downsides. (No judgment on those who prefer them. I know some buy *only* from CD Keys.) However, sometimes I find good deals that I can't pass up and realize that self-interest is also in my bag of principles.

:P

I think some of these may have been part of their summer sale which I think ended yesterday. But I'm not really sure. As mentioned, I was just browsing after I saw that the two I had in my steam cart were cheaper.