The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:21 pmAbsolutely loving Ghostwire. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am - I had read that it was a 15-20 hour game, but I'm closing in on the 30 hour mark right now. So much to do, and so much fun. A definite hidden gem.
It sounds good, I’ll check it out when I get a PS5.
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I started playing The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and it’s a charming and cute 2D side scrolling platform puzzle fairy tale. I should have it finished by the time that Persona 5 Royal arrives from Amazon.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:40 pm I started playing The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and it’s a charming and cute 2D side scrolling platform puzzle fairy tale. I should have it finished by the time that Persona 5 Royal arrives from Amazon.
I loved that game, but I'm more partial to puzzle platformers than you are so I'm not sure if you'll last all the way through it or not. Great style & story tho, so maybe that will help you along (and it's not a super long game either).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:44 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:40 pm I started playing The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and it’s a charming and cute 2D side scrolling platform puzzle fairy tale. I should have it finished by the time that Persona 5 Royal arrives from Amazon.
I loved that game, but I'm more partial to puzzle platformers than you are so I'm not sure if you'll last all the way through it or not. Great style & story tho, so maybe that will help you along (and it's not a super long game either).
Yeah, I remember you really liked it. I’ve been meaning to play it for a while now. I’ve been liking it so far, the art style and story are both good. Also, I remember you saying that it’s not too long so I figured that it’s something that I could finish before my copy of Persona 5 Royal arrives.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:21 pm Absolutely loving Ghostwire. Cane, you mentioned that you don't like horror games, and it isn't really. It's spooky, but it's definitely not survival horror and it's not gory (and has almost no jump scares). I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am - I had read that it was a 15-20 hour game, but I'm closing in on the 30 hour mark right now. So much to do, and so much fun. A definite hidden gem.
That is good to know! Thank you sir.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:25 pmThat is good to know! Thank you sir.
When do you think that you might get a PS5? I don’t plan on getting one until the Pro comes out, but there’s no guarantee that there will be a Pro. I will want one when Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, but that probably won’t be until 2025. I’ve got so much to play for PS4 that I’m in no hurry, but I definitely want to get one eventually.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and I enjoyed it for the most part. It took me 5 hours which was a good length for it, but I would have liked it to be a little longer. It’s a bit same-y throughout with somewhat similar looking environments, and platform puzzle challenges. It’s actually a little lighter on story than I was expecting, you get a few story moments here and there but the majority of the game is traversing levels, platforming and solving environment puzzles. It’s not too difficult most of the time, but does get more challenging near the end and the final levels of the game can be a bit frustrating partly due to the somewhat unresponsive controls. The gameplay is serviceable, but not as tight and responsive as I would have liked considering that some of the challenges require fast and precise movement. The game itself is a cute little fairy tale, but I would have liked a happier ending. I think that I might start The Cruel King and the Great Hero now which was made by the same dev team. It’s an RPG with a similar art style, charm and cuteness.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:36 pm When do you think that you might get a PS5? I don’t plan on getting one until the Pro comes out, but there’s no guarantee that there will be a Pro. I will want one when Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, but that probably won’t be until 2025. I’ve got so much to play for PS4 that I’m in no hurry, but I definitely want to get one eventually.
I don't know, man. I'm not even sure I will. I probably have another year or so of PS4 gaming to get through... then it'll be decision time. The options:

a) Get a PS5
b) Get an Xbox
c) Get another Switch
d) Get a Steamdeck
e) Retire from gaming (or just replay stuff I already own, of which there is a lot)
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:46 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:36 pmWhen do you think that you might get a PS5? I don’t plan on getting one until the Pro comes out, but there’s no guarantee that there will be a Pro. I will want one when Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, but that probably won’t be until 2025. I’ve got so much to play for PS4 that I’m in no hurry, but I definitely want to get one eventually.
I don't know, man. I'm not even sure I will. I probably have another year or so of PS4 gaming to get through... then it'll be decision time. The options:

a) Get a PS5
b) Get an Xbox
c) Get another Switch
d) Get a Steamdeck
e) Retire from gaming (or just replay stuff I already own, of which there is a lot)
I won’t stop gaming until I’m mentally/physically unable to or when I die, whichever happens first. I definitely plan on getting a PS5 because it’s backwards compatible with PS4, I can upgrade a lot of my PS4 games to PS5 versions for free/$10 and Sony makes the best first party games IMO.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:12 pm I won’t stop gaming until I’m mentally/physically unable to or when I die, whichever happens first. I definitely plan on getting a PS5 because it’s backwards compatible with PS4, I can upgrade a lot of my PS4 games to PS5 versions for free/$10 and Sony makes the best first party games IMO.
That makes sense. I'm certainly leaning PS5 over the other options. But we'll see how I feel in 2024 or whenever it's decision time. :D