The PS2 Backlog Committee Game Club Presents: No seriously, how the hell have I not played this yet?

isthatallyougot

Re: The PS2 Backlog Committee Game Club Presents: No seriously, how the hell have I not played this yet?

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:06 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 pm Ok, here's my next list. No rush, I know we just did it, and if any of you don't want to bother ranking them, just let me know.

NO ORDER OF PREFERENCE:
Sorry, took me a few days to respond!

Windbound (PC)
Wall World (PC)
Legend Bowl (PC)
Shadow Tower (PS1)
Pharaonic (PC)
Aeon of Sands – The Trail (PC)
Beautiful Desolation (PC)
Songbird Symphony (PC)
Rain World (PC)
Magna Carta Tears of Blood (PS2)
Thank you j. I'm going to incorporate you and argyle's and crim's votes into the voting with the D-pad forum, and I'll give you guys the results. I gave them until the 22nd to submit their votes, and so I'll wait until then. I guess whatever wins will probably be my first game of 2024. Hope it's as good as last round when Kuon won!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Re: The PS2 Backlog Committee Game Club Presents: No seriously, how the hell have I not played this yet?

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:45 am(I don't know if any of you guys are members there, but if so, you must go as a different user.)
1) What is D-Pad?
2) What do you mean "you must go as a different user"?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:57 pm 1) What is D-Pad?
2) What do you mean "you must go as a different user"?
https://d-pad.life/

I just meant I haven't seen any of you guys' user names from this site over there.

Edit: I'm "synchronicity" over there - same as I've been on gaf.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 pmOk, here's my next list. No rush, I know we just did it
I’m sorry that I kind of made a big deal out of ranking them, I just didn’t feel like ranking another 10 games that I wasn’t really familiar with. But I got curious about them and watched the videos that you posted so I decided to go ahead and rank them based on those. Magna Carta: Tears of Blood and Windbound are the two that I’ve played.

1) Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
2) Windbound
3) Shadow Tower
4) Aeon of Sands – The Trail
5) Beautiful Desolation
6) Songbird Symphony
7) Rain World
8) Wall World
9) Pharaonic
10) Legend Bowl
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 pmOk, here's my next list. No rush, I know we just did it
I’m sorry that I kind of made a big deal out of ranking them, I just didn’t feel like ranking another 10 games that I wasn’t really familiar with. But I got curious about them and watched the videos that you posted so I decided to go ahead and rank them based on those. Magna Carta: Tears of Blood and Windbound are the two that I’ve played.

1) Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
2) Windbound
3) Shadow Tower
4) Aeon of Sands – The Trail
5) Beautiful Desolation
6) Songbird Symphony
7) Rain World
8) Wall World
9) Pharaonic
10) Legend Bowl
What did you think of Windbound? I put it in my list to look more into, was impressed with the trailer.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Sorry, finally getting around to checking these out. Very interesting assortment, izzy!

1. Legend Bowl -- Might as well hit this during football season, if not just to wash away the taste of the Panthers season. :P
2. Wall World -- This looks very cool, especially the vertical/horizontal interplay.
3. Shadow Tower -- This is an izzy game if ever there was one.
4. Pharaonic -- I'm intrigued. Not enough games with that setting.
5. Windbound -- The Windwaker vibes are nice. Could be absolutely amazing or could be dull, hard to tell from the trailer.
6. Songbird Symphony -- The music/metroidvania mix looks fun.
7. Rain World -- Another unique entry. "Unforgiving barbed poetry" -- yeah, that's an izzy game.
8. Magna Carta Tears of Blood - This is a blast from the past. Can't remember why I never played it.
9. Aeon of Sands – The Trail -- I see the appeal. Interesting setup. Not sure about the gameplay though.
10. Beautiful Desolation -- No idea what's going on here. :lol:
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 pm I’m sorry that I kind of made a big deal out of ranking them, I just didn’t feel like ranking another 10 games that I wasn’t really familiar with. But I got curious about them and watched the videos that you posted so I decided to go ahead and rank them based on those. Magna Carta: Tears of Blood and Windbound are the two that I’ve played.
No big deal. It was just a phase. :P

Thanks for voting phase and cane! I wasn't expecting you guys to do so, but I'm happy you did. :)

As I mentioned, I'll incorporate your votes along with the votes from the D-pad site, so there'll be plenty of voices informing what's chosen. I think I know how it's going to turn out, but I still have until the 22nd, but I think people who wanted to participate there have already done so.

And yeah, cane, don't mention the Panthers, lol. (I really wanted Stroud, although I thought BY would be better than he's been. He looks like a straight bust, although he certainly isn't in an ideal situation. QBs can get "broken" by early circumstances such as his though, and I fear that may well end up being the case for him.)

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

WARNING: FOOTBALL TALK BELOW
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:07 am And yeah, cane, don't mention the Panthers, lol. (I really wanted Stroud, although I thought BY would be better than he's been. He looks like a straight bust, although he certainly isn't in an ideal situation. QBs can get "broken" by early circumstances such as his though, and I fear that may well end up being the case for him.)
I've been surprised both by Stroud's success (he was impressive in the opener vs. the Ravens, accurate and smart, very atypical of OSU QB) and Young's struggles (truly abysmal). They have no choice but to ride with him for a little while, at least.
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm WARNING: FOOTBALL TALK BELOW
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:07 am And yeah, cane, don't mention the Panthers, lol. (I really wanted Stroud, although I thought BY would be better than he's been. He looks like a straight bust, although he certainly isn't in an ideal situation. QBs can get "broken" by early circumstances such as his though, and I fear that may well end up being the case for him.)
I've been surprised both by Stroud's success (he was impressive in the opener vs. the Ravens, accurate and smart, very atypical of OSU QB) and Young's struggles (truly abysmal). They have no choice but to ride with him for a little while, at least.

:P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm WARNING: FOOTBALL TALK BELOW
:lol:

canedaddy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm I've been surprised both by Stroud's success (he was impressive in the opener vs. the Ravens, accurate and smart, very atypical of OSU QB) and Young's struggles (truly abysmal). They have no choice but to ride with him for a little while, at least.
Yeah, the "certainties" were Stroud's physical skills and BY's "processor". Stroud has been incredibly poised and played like an MVP, let alone a decent rookie, at times this season. I've never seen a rookie QB look so comfortable. And BY not only seems to struggle to make normal NFL throws, but his decision making and ability to read the play has been terrible. And he's already got the size factor working against him. And to top it all off, the Panthers traded away an all-pro caliber receiver and a load of picks for the right to draft the bust. What a mess. When I was watching draft night, I knew they were going to take Young, and I felt like it would be a mistake, relatively speaking, but not as big a one as it seems to have turned out to be. Sheesh.
argyle wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:35 pm
:P
Lol. I've been careful to avoid such topics over the years (except for a short-lived thread long ago), knowing the predominant demographics of this little community. I'll hush. :P