The Backlog Check-in Vol. 319: 2/10/24: Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden/Skull & Bones/Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 319: 2/10/24: Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden/Skull & Bones/Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Nothing

I stopped playing Star Ocean: The Divine Force despite liking it because the blurry graphics were distracting me too much. The graphics look like Vaseline is smeared over my TV screen, and I couldn’t enjoy it like that. There’s no excuse for why the game looks so poor on PS4, because the graphics aren’t that good. I’m going to wait to play it on PS5.

Games releasing this week
Airhead
Apex Legends: Breakout
Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
Caribbean Legend
Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor
Dispel
Edge of Reality
Fight Crab 2
Gunvolt Records Chronicle
Helskate
Islands of Insight
A Little to the Left
Lords of Exile
Lysfanga: The Time Shift Warrior
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
News Tower
PlateUp!
Skull and Bones
Smalland: Survive the Wilds
SpellRogue
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II
Stronghold: Definitive Edition
Survivorman VR: The Descent
Telmari
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered
Ultros
Under Cover
White Sands
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 319: 2/10/24: Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden/Skull & Bones/Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Edi

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Windbound, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Got sucked into Infinite Wealth big time last week - I'm up to chapter 6 and like 46 hours played. But a lot of that was this side "game" that unlocked...think of scope like the cabaret or real estate management things from previous games. I know some of you will like Dondoko Island as it's similar to Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley. I am nearing the end of it and my recommendation is to play it as soon as you unlock it. The cash gained is going to be immensely helpful for upgrading weapons and armor.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 319: 2/10/24: Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden/Skull & Bones/Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Edi

Post by isthatallyougot »

I played Far : Lone Sails a couple days ago. Was a really nice, if brief, wordless adventure. Easy recommend for any who like games that get out of the way and just leave you to discover and experience on your own.

Thread title reminds me that I want to pick up the TR 1-3 remasters. (Why aren't they including 4 & 5, smh.) Anyway, I'll still probably wait for a sale. Maybe I'll go back and play the original since the idea of these has whet my appetite for those games.

I also started up Lost Kingdoms on Gamecube. It's a card-battler by FROM, but it's real-time rather than turn based. Interesting so far, but I'm early on.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

So tomorrow is a remote learning day. **** the ****ing **** out of Zoom :roll:. Anyway...

Played: Infinite Wealth

Beat: Nothing.

Bought: That Mega Man Humble Bundle deal for $20 for when I get my Steam Deck back. Oh, it came with a 50 percent of coupon for Mega Man Battle Network Collection 1&2 but I already have that. Anyone interested in it? I don't have a use for it since I own the collection.

This week: Infinite Wealth.

I would just play Infinite Wealth all the time if I could. I am on chapter 3. The RGG team has some real ass takes on policing in America. Also just banging out the nine billion substories they open up fairly early in the chapter. I gotta say, I enjoy the Sicko Snap mini game the most so far. It's a real dumb take on Pokemon Snap. You know, if the Pokemon were swole dudes in wrestling singlets and gimp masks. Only about 9 hours in but next week is midwinter recess so hopefully I can get to and complete Dondoko Island in that time.

Still haven't been able to send the Steam Deck back yet but they just sent the return label. I really miss that thing 😔.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Astebreed, Oceanhorn, Truberbrook (Switch - all 3 for less than $10 through an e-shop sale), Beacon Pines (Switch physical)

Last week: Finished nothing, played a very little bit of Gal Guardians and a LOT of Like A Dragon

This week: LAD

I'm in chapter 13 of LAD now - chapter 12 was INSANE! :shock: I'm convinced at this point that the boss fights scale with your level, because I had played through all 30 floors of the arena before pushing forward with the story in 12 and that fight against
Majima
still kicked my ass. Right now I'm working on Part-Time Hero missions and working on getting what I need to finish up the ultimate weapons for the people I use the most. I expect to have it finished up by the end of this weekend, but we'll see. Estimated time I saw online said up to 3 hours for each of the 15 chapters if you spent a lot of time with side content - so 45 hours total. I've already doubled that. :lol:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:56 am I'm in chapter 13 of LAD now - chapter 12 was INSANE! :shock: I'm convinced at this point that the boss fights scale with your level, because I had played through all 30 floors of the arena before pushing forward with the story in 12 and that fight against
Majima
still kicked my ass. Right now I'm working on Part-Time Hero missions and working on getting what I need to finish up the ultimate weapons for the people I use the most. I expect to have it finished up by the end of this weekend, but we'll see. Estimated time I saw online said up to 3 hours for each of the 15 chapters if you spent a lot of time with side content - so 45 hours total. I've already doubled that. :lol:
I don't know if it's scaled... I only got past it after doing some serious leveling. I lost the first time around 35 and went back and won around 45. Still pretty tough!

I'm trying to wrap up a lot of side stuff before doing the last bit, which seems to be next up. I got top level in business management and did all the support and rescue stuff in Part-Time Hero. Still doing the challenge section of that... doubt I'll go for 100%, though, since that apparently involves learning mahjong and all those other card games, and probably a few more things that would be more annoying than fun for me. I will say, though, I'm enjoying the game so much that it's not out of the question that I might go for plat. We will see.

Played recently: Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: McPixel 3

Current backlog: 36
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:24 pm
argyle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:56 am I'm in chapter 13 of LAD now - chapter 12 was INSANE! :shock: I'm convinced at this point that the boss fights scale with your level, because I had played through all 30 floors of the arena before pushing forward with the story in 12 and that fight against
Majima
I don't know if it's scaled... I only got past it after doing some serious leveling. I lost the first time around 35 and went back and won around 45. Still pretty tough!

I'm trying to wrap up a lot of side stuff before doing the last bit, which seems to be next up. I got top level in business management and did all the support and rescue stuff in Part-Time Hero. Still doing the challenge section of that... doubt I'll go for 100%, though, since that apparently involves learning mahjong and all those other card games, and probably a few more things that would be more annoying than fun for me. I will say, though, I'm enjoying the game so much that it's not out of the question that I might go for plat. We will see.

Played recently: Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: McPixel 3

Current backlog: 36
Yeah, I don't plan on doing all of the challenge stuff either. The way I see it, I still have The Man Who Erased His Name and then Infinite Wealth to go, so I don't want to burn myself out doing the un-fun stuff in this one.

BTW, what the heck is LAD: Ishin!??? :?:
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:52 pm BTW, what the heck is LAD: Ishin!??? :?:
Skippable? :lol:

I really don't know, aside from the fact it's a remake of an old Japan-only game set in feudal Japan.

I might get to it at some point, but my next two Yakuza games will be The Man Who Erased His Name and Infinite Wealth.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:03 pm
argyle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:52 pm BTW, what the heck is LAD: Ishin!??? :?:
Skippable? :lol:

I really don't know, aside from the fact it's a remake of an old Japan-only game set in feudal Japan.

I might get to it at some point, but my next two Yakuza games will be The Man Who Erased His Name and Infinite Wealth.
Yep, it's a remake of a JPN-only release from early 2010s I think. Fun game with a lot of fan service, in a sense. Skippable until you want another Yakuza game to play.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Speaking of...I just picked up Ishin! for the PS4 on my way home for $13 from Gamestop. Swung by yesterday and the guy working told me it was getting marked down today - pretty sure it was a new game that was converted to used. Anyway, thought I'd share since we were talking about it. :)