Sushi Ben
TEVI
Tiny Terry’s Turbo Trip
Tokyo Psychodemic
Trans-Siberian Railway Simulator
Trash of the Titans
Ultimate Godspeed
Umbraclaw
Last edited by Phaseknox on Mon May 27, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 334: 5/25/24: F1 24 Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: FlatOut 4: Total Insanity, Windbound

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35

I finished the first of the three groups of competitions in FlatOut 4, with "derby" cars. I started the second and quickly learned that it has the same courses, and decided that was enough, I'm good.

I played a little bit of Windbound and enjoyed it for the most part. The exploration aspect is great, so cool to take to the water with no idea of what's out there. However, the controls (combat and sailing) weren't clicking with me. Also, I definitely do not have the patience to play the mode where you pretty much have to start from scratch every time you die. I could see giving this another shot when the mood is right, but setting it aside for now.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:25 amI played a little bit of Windbound and enjoyed it for the most part. The exploration aspect is great, so cool to take to the water with no idea of what's out there. However, the controls (combat and sailing) weren't clicking with me. Also, I definitely do not have the patience to play the mode where you pretty much have to start from scratch every time you die. I could see giving this another shot when the mood is right, but setting it aside for now.
I somewhat liked the little of it that I played, and plan on playing it again when I’m more in the mood for it. But I’ve been kind of depressed lately due to all of my health related issues, so I haven’t really been in the mood to play anything.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:28 pm I somewhat liked the little of it that I played, and plan on playing it again when I’m more in the mood for it. But I’ve been kind of depressed lately due to all of my health related issues, so I haven’t really been in the mood to play anything.
Very sorry to hear that. Praying you get out of the funk soon.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Alright, me and izzy are Steam buds! *fist bump through the internet* :P

Played: Infinite Wealth. Ok. I am in the Finale chapter. I just spent my time going through the Hawaiian Haunt (only lost once to the boss!) and maxing out Ichi's personality stats. Crafting weapons. Did an AMAZING boss fight and weird ass side trip out of nowhere with a ridiculously satisfying conclusion (bruh, I was telling my wife this game gives zero ****s abut logistics. They are telling their story and you are in or out. I am SO in). I am just avoiding the hell out of the ending now. I just don't know if I am ready to let go...but there was precisely one jum out of my seat fist pump moment that made the whole damn thing worth it no matter what (j, homeless castle when our squad wakes up and there's our boy standing in front of the mirror and does the thing...FINALLY, he is so ready to end this :D ). Going to get the Yokohama Underground done and then go to the final bit of the finale. Then it'll be over :cry: . Also Fenyx Rising is better than I remember but it's going to get sidelined because...

Bought: SMT 3 Nocturne HD for Steam. Time to do the make good, izzy 8-) !

Beat: Nothing. Yet :cry: ...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:25 amAlso, I definitely do not have the patience to play the mode where you pretty much have to start from scratch every time you die.
Yeah, it's definitely slow going and I could see it testing the patience of most. I enjoyed it, but it did try my endurance when I was on the doorstep of finishing and got killed with the final boss only having a sliver of health left. And then I met my doom in a variety of other ways for several more runs after that before finally winning. But, I still really enjoyed it, and seeing it through to the end was even more satisfying because of those failures. But, I know I'm a pretty big outlier when it comes to that sort of thing in many cases.
crimson_tide wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:52 am Alright, me and izzy are Steam buds! *fist bump through the internet* :P

Bought: SMT 3 Nocturne HD for Steam. Time to do the make good, izzy 8-) !

Nice to know you. :P Any of you other guys who are now or will be dabbling with Steam via the deck or otherwise in the future feel free to add me as well if you like. Argyle and I have been friends on Steam for a long time, although he doesn't seem to play much there. Speaking of...I guess he was the first of us to die. Had to happen to someone - the first domino. :P (Hope you're doing ok dude.)

I hope Nocturne clicks for you. For me, it's such a phenomenal game!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:21 pmArgyle and I have been friends on Steam for a long time, although he doesn't seem to play much there. Speaking of...I guess he was the first of us to die. Had to happen to someone - the first domino. :P (Hope you're doing ok dude.)
I’ve been wondering where he’s been as well, he hasn’t posted here in almost a month.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Windbound, Stellar Blade

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 44 games

More Stellar Blade - chugging along and trying to 100% complete all the areas I've been in before continuing the story. I also have lots of fish to catch still!
crimson_tide wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:52 am I just don't know if I am ready to let go...but there was precisely one jum out of my seat fist pump moment that made the whole damn thing worth it no matter what (j, homeless castle when our squad wakes up and there's our boy standing in front of the mirror and does the thing...FINALLY, he is so ready to end this :D ).
I was waiting for you to get to that moment. 8-) I was so pumped once I saw that part that I also stood up and got excited. :lol:
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:16 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:21 pmArgyle and I have been friends on Steam for a long time, although he doesn't seem to play much there. Speaking of...I guess he was the first of us to die. Had to happen to someone - the first domino. :P (Hope you're doing ok dude.)
I’ve been wondering where he’s been as well, he hasn’t posted here in almost a month.
What even IS time?
work tired.gif
work tired.gif (946.83 KiB) Viewed 622 times
I'm fine, life / work has just gotten on top of me this month. It happens. ;)

But funny you mention Steam, as I'm...REJOINING THE MASTER RACE!
borg.gif
borg.gif (1.33 MiB) Viewed 622 times
I decided to sell my PS5 (in the process of that now) and order a new gaming PC (which arrived yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to set it up yet). Everything exclusive that I want to play on PS5 is either on or coming to PC, plus I can play my Gamepass stuff there & get in on those sweet indie bundle sales. Also, my main home PC (I was using a laptop, but it was very stationary) was due for an upgrade. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:22 am I decided to sell my PS5 (in the process of that now) ...
Have you considered donating it to the poor? (Phase or myself :P )

Glad you're alive!