The Backlog Check-in Vol. 338: 6/22/24: Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 338: 6/22/24: Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Alphadia, Alphadia Genesis, Alphadia Genesis 2

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Alphadia

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Anchored Hearts: A Tale of Destiny
Ashes
Beat Hazard 3
Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition
Bureau of Contacts
Colonies of the Remnant
Dice & Fold
Dragon Eclipse
Emberward
Exo One
Frogun Encore
Gigantosaurus: Dino Sports
Go Go Jump
Gothic Classic Khorinis Saga
Graven
A little to the Left: Seeing Stars
Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD
The Multiverse Cleaner
My Museum: Treasure Hunter
NeoSprint
Neverdark
Ocean World: Eden Crafters
Outbrk
Payday 3 - Boys in Blue
Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet & Snow Globe
SPYxANYA: Operation Memories
Radiant Tale: Fanfare!
Riven Remake
Silverpine Creek
Stray Gods: Orpheus
Super Battle Polycars
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble
Uncover the Smoking Gun
Until Then
Victoria 3: Sphere of Influence
Wanderer: The Fragments of Fate
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 338: 6/22/24: Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by canedaddy »

I really enjoyed BG&E. Definitely need to pick up that anniversary edition.

Played recently: Far Cry: Primal, Death's Door

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 37

I bounced off FC Primal pretty quickly. I'll probably give it another shot at some point, but it just didn't grab me this time around.

Death's Door, however, sucked me right in. Very cool game so far.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 338: 6/22/24: Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still having a blast with Morrowind. I just killed a Daedra in a shrine on a quest to rescue some guy's wife who was about to be sacrificed in a ritual and got an awesome Daedric Dai-katana to replace my (relatively) pedestrian weapon. I'm a bit of a spell-sword character anyway with a focus on destruction magic to go along with my sword skills so that I can tackle a variety of situations, and if my offensive arsenal doesn't cut it, I'm loaded to the gills with various potions (and herbs to create more) that really give me some excellent flexibility with my now-100 alchemy skill. So fun.

I also started up a really fun throwback to the classic era of the arcades - a game called Donut Dodo. I picked it up in a bundle on Fanatical for a buck fitty, I think it was. It draws inspiration from a variety of classics, and I'm pretty terrible at it so far, but it's got great controls and is really addictive like the great arcade games of the day. How many quarters have I already saved. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Stellar Blade

Now Playing: Windbound, Stellar Blade

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Stellar Blade has been completed! Well, 2 of the 3 endings, anyway. Sounds like it's easy to rush through story mode to get the 3rd ending and platinum trophy - so I guess I will do just that!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC

Last week: Finished nothing, played...eh...

This week: ???

I've been dabbling with a few things, including a very little bit of Erdtree, but nothing has really hooked me. I have an idea of something I want to give a go tonight, we'll see if it sticks.

I think the Steam Summer sale starts later this week, so hopefully they'll have some good prices on one of the games I have my eye on.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:52 amI really enjoyed BG&E. Definitely need to pick up that anniversary edition.
Yeah, me too. Thankfully it’s coming to PS4, because I get upset when multiplatform games get released for Switch but not for PS4 these days.
canedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:52 amI bounced off FC Primal pretty quickly. I'll probably give it another shot at some point, but it just didn't grab me this time around.

Death's Door, however, sucked me right in. Very cool game so far.
I have Death’s Door in my backlog, so I’m glad to hear that it’s good.

By the way, Asterigos: Curse of the Stars is on sale for $13.99 and King’s Bounty II is on sale for $5.99 until July 3rd. I highly recommend both of them especially for those prices.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:09 pm By the way, Asterigos: Curse of the Stars is on sale for $13.99 and King’s Bounty II is on sale for $5.99 until July 3rd. I highly recommend both of them especially for those prices.
Thanks for the heads up!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Tried CrossCode Monday night - it seems good, but I don't know that it's what I'm in the mood for right now. Last night I played through the tutorial of Scarlet Nexus, and it was fun - I'll give it another go tonight & see if it sticks.

Blech.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:59 amTried CrossCode Monday night - it seems good, but I don't know that it's what I'm in the mood for right now.
I have CrossCode, but I haven’t played it yet.
argyle wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:59 amLast night I played through the tutorial of Scarlet Nexus, and it was fun - I'll give it another go tonight & see if it sticks.
I enjoyed it up until near the end when I got to a long boring dungeon, and the bosses started becoming frustratingly difficult.

I started playing this:

It’s a somewhat low budget licensed game based on a cartoon that I never heard of. It looks and plays like a PS2 game, and I’m finding some charm in it for that reason. It’s basically a simplistic action platformer designed for kids.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!