The Backlog Check-in Vol. 340: 7/6/24: Anger Foot Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 340: 7/6/24: Anger Foot Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: AER: Memories of Old, Akiba’s Beat, Alphadia Neo, Armed Emeth, Asdivine Hearts, Battlefield Hardline, Crazy Strike Bowling EX, Death’s Door, Stray

Finished: Stray

Playing: Asdivine Hearts

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Anger Foot
Ark of Charon
Bleach: Brave Souls
The Case of the Golden Idol
Descending the Woods
Disaster Band
Disney Speedstorm
Dros
ExoColony: Planet Survival
Happy Sheepies
Hookah Haze
Horticular
Infinite Inside
Kaku: Ancient Seal
The Last Alchemist
Lifeless Moon
Naheulbeuk’s Dungeon Master
Neon White
Ogre Tale
Once Human
Only Up: Skibidi Together
Parasol Stars: The Story of Bubble Bobble III
Princess Maker 2 Regeneration
Songs of Steel: Hispania
Spin Rhythm XD
Super Dark Deception
Time Treker
Zombie Raid: No One Survives
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 340: 7/6/24: Anger Foot Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: PowerWash Simulator Alice in Wonderland DLC

Now Playing: undecided

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Completed all 5 levels in the new PowerWash Simulator DLC, so I will have to decide what to play next.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Anger Foot is really the name of a game? Phase, no lie, when I opened this thread I expected to read about how you're irritated about your amputation and the related problems.

The game looks bonkers:

Played recently: Death's Door

Finished: Death's Door

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36

I beat Death's Door over the weekend and then went the extra mile to get the True Ending. What a great game. It demands a lot, but that brings serious satisfaction when you succeed. I think I said earlier that it was a Souls-Metroidvania mashup, but really it's more "Bloodborne Meets Zelda with Crows." Definitely a game I will remember for a long time.

I thought about going for the Platinum since I've done most of the hard stuff, but that would mean an entire second playthrough using only a certain weapon that sucks, so no thanks.

No idea what I'll play next.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I have had Anger Foot on my wishlist from the moment I saw it. There's something so cathartic about a boot to the face, lol. It reminds me of that same aspect from the amazing Bulletstorm.

I'm still playing Morrowind. I'm about 120 hours in and I've become so overpowered as to render all things...***ALL*** things insignificant, lol. Granted it took me a while to do so. You don't know what you know until you know it / figure it out, but now it's simply a matter of deciding what I want to do because there is ZERO resistance and that will be the case the rest of the way. I am simply *beyond* this world of Vvardenfell, lol.

I am also still playing and loving Donut Dodo. Such a great arcade game in the tradition of the classics of the high-point of the arcade scene. I finally finished Easy-Medium difficulty. (each difficulty is composed of two rounds of the complete set of stages) I'm ranked about 300 and something - of a very small player base, I'm sure, but there is room to improve as well as eventually taking on Medium-Hard difficulty.

I also went back and played the *original* Ratchet and Clank. I hadn't done that since release, and it had been a good while since I played any entry in this series I love so much. I'm not surprised at how amazing I found it to have held up all these years later. I finished the first run and am now going through a second time to find the other gold bolts I missed (I got 34 of 40 on the first run) as well as any skill points and getting the RYNO (which is a grind) and maybe unlocking all the gold weapons if I can muster that level of bolt-grinding will. Such a crazy fun game, and even though I think the subsequent mainline entries are (slightly) better, this one was then and is still now an all-time classic in my book.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:17 pm I also went back and played the *original* Ratchet and Clank. I hadn't done that since release, and it had been a good while since I played any entry in this series I love so much. I'm not surprised at how amazing I found it to have held up all these years later. I finished the first run and am now going through a second time to find the other gold bolts I missed (I got 34 of 40 on the first run) as well as any skill points and getting the RYNO (which is a grind) and maybe unlocking all the gold weapons if I can muster that level of bolt-grinding will. Such a crazy fun game, and even though I think the subsequent mainline entries are (slightly) better, this one was then and is still now an all-time classic in my book.
Awesome.

That reminds me... I played seven Ratchet games but never got to Up Your Arsenal. I just checked the PSN store and shockingly I don't see it there. What the heck?? Get with the program, Sony.

I wonder if I have the ol' PS2 disc for that...
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:27 pm Awesome.

That reminds me... I played seven Ratchet games but never got to Up Your Arsenal. I just checked the PSN store and shockingly I don't see it there. What the heck?? Get with the program, Sony.

I wonder if I have the ol' PS2 disc for that...
Oh man, you've got to play it. RIGHT NOW!!! :P Seriously though, it's fantastic like all the other mainline entries imho.

And they're all such easily "digestible" forms of fun. Just fun without any of the annoyances that sometimes come packaged even with other great games. The R&C formula has always been intoxicating to me.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:02 am Anger Foot is really the name of a game? Phase, no lie, when I opened this thread I expected to read about how you're irritated about your amputation and the related problems.
:lol:
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: I don't remember what I already mentioned & what I haven't - I think I've been posting my PC pickups in the haul thread tho, and that's all I've gotten lately. Have a few more super cheap games in my Steam cart, we'll see if I check out with them or not before the sale ends.

Last week: Finished nothing, played nothing of note.

This wee: Absolutely no clue.

I'm in a gaming funk. Nothing I try clicks with me. I think I'm in a bit of a funk overall honestly, which is the main problem. Just very "blah". Are the summer doldrums a thing? If so, I got 'em.

BTW, the PS4 remake of the original R&C was so good that I don't know if I could ever go back & play the original. But yeah, I don't think any of the mainline R&C games are bad. Really bums me out that Insomniac is becoming a Marvel machine. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 pmI'm in a gaming funk. Nothing I try clicks with me. I think I'm in a bit of a funk overall honestly, which is the main problem. Just very "blah".
Welcome to my world. :P
isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 pm BTW, the PS4 remake of the original R&C was so good that I don't know if I could ever go back & play the original. But yeah, I don't think any of the mainline R&C games are bad. Really bums me out that Insomniac is becoming a Marvel machine. :(
Oh man, I still adore the original. (as well as the 2016 remake) And yeah, I feel the same about Insomnia and Marvel. Such a boring way to be pigeonholed, even if I loved Spider-Man. I'd take R&C all day everyday as their primary focus though.

I just finished my second run, bought the RYNO, found a few more gold bolts (only a few left), and am looking at figuring out the skill points and buying the golden weapons. And I know many feel like you about "old" games, but I've never understood that perspective. Great games stand the test of time for me. I'm not saying there is never any improvement or refinement of some elements, but if I really loved a game when I played it, I'll still love it as long as I'm able to play.
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:08 pm
argyle wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 pmI'm in a gaming funk. Nothing I try clicks with me. I think I'm in a bit of a funk overall honestly, which is the main problem. Just very "blah".
Welcome to my world. :P
What it is wid you guys?!? :P

I can't imagine feeling like I can't click with gaming. Even though I had periods in life where I didn't allocate much time for it, it wasn't because I wouldn't enjoy it, but life has limited quantities of time. I could spend several lifetimes digging through all the games I want to play without any fatigue.

Hopefully you guys can either have fun in life doing other things or get out of your ruts. Phase, I don't know if that's possible for you. Have you ever not been in a rut? :P Hope you find some joy in your world, in whatever form.