The Backlog Check-in Vol. 340: 7/6/24: Anger Foot Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 340: 7/6/24: Anger Foot Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:45 pmWhat it is wid you guys?!? :P

I can't imagine feeling like I can't click with gaming. Even though I had periods in life where I didn't allocate much time for it, it wasn't because I wouldn't enjoy it, but life has limited quantities of time. I could spend several lifetimes digging through all the games I want to play without any fatigue.

Hopefully you guys can either have fun in life doing other things or get out of your ruts. Phase, I don't know if that's possible for you. Have you ever not been in a rut? :P Hope you find some joy in your world, in whatever form.
I’m not in a gaming funk as much as I’m in a life funk in general. I’ve been going through a lot lately as you know, and it’s been taking its toll on me. Gaming is one of the few things that has been helping me, but despite having a ridiculous amount of games to play I’ve been having a somewhat difficult time finding ones that really click with me and that I want to stick with. While this is partly due to my overall mood, it’s also partly due to the games themselves.

Since I only have a PS4 I haven’t been playing the newer AA and AAA games coming out, and instead have mostly been playing older indie games. Of course I like indie games, but AA and AAA games tend to appeal to me a little more as they’re more current/modern while indie games are usually more retro style. Also PS4 is showing its age now and is starting to feel a bit dated, so I’m ready for a PS5. I think that it might reinvigorate my interest in gaming somewhat. But this is all theory and I could get a PS5 and not feel any differently about gaming than I do now, we’ll have to wait and see.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

This is a busy ass summer. Aside from some SMT3 (at the prison if that means anything to you Izzy. I don't like the gimmick here this far so progress is slow). Also, Sakura Wars might be a secret anime titty game. Which is ashame. I had a creepy interaction and might have to back off it yet again.

Barely touched the Steam Sale. I don't know what to buy!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/07/10 ... -and-more/

Jeanne d'Arc coming to PS4/PS5 soon! And by soon I mean July 16, next week.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:22 pm Jeanne d'Arc coming to PS4/PS5 soon! And by soon I mean July 16, next week.
Sweet! One of my all-time favorites.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:31 pm I’m not in a gaming funk as much as I’m in a life funk in general. I’ve been going through a lot lately as you know, and it’s been taking its toll on me. Gaming is one of the few things that has been helping me, but despite having a ridiculous amount of games to play I’ve been having a somewhat difficult time finding ones that really click with me and that I want to stick with. While this is partly due to my overall mood, it’s also partly due to the games themselves.

Since I only have a PS4 I haven’t been playing the newer AA and AAA games coming out, and instead have mostly been playing older indie games. Of course I like indie games, but AA and AAA games tend to appeal to me a little more as they’re more current/modern while indie games are usually more retro style. Also PS4 is showing its age now and is starting to feel a bit dated, so I’m ready for a PS5. I think that it might reinvigorate my interest in gaming somewhat. But this is all theory and I could get a PS5 and not feel any differently about gaming than I do now, we’ll have to wait and see.

I'm sorry Milhouse. :P
canedaddy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:17 am
jfissel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:22 pm Jeanne d'Arc coming to PS4/PS5 soon! And by soon I mean July 16, next week.
Sweet! One of my all-time favorites.
I remember you singing the praises of that game. Maybe I should give it a shot. I would if I wasn't so wrapped up in Morrowind, R&C and Donut Dodo.

Speaking of R&C, I've found 38 of 40 gold bolts and I know where one of the last two is but haven't figured out how to get there. The other one is in one of the earliest planets and *should* be easy to find - I would think, but I've scoured the level multiple times with no luck. It's driving me CRAZY!!! :P I've also got quite a few skill points, but am missing plenty. I never did all that stuff back when I originally played it (despite finding some of the stuff through normal course of play) and have never looked at a guide, and I'm really fixated on doing everything without any outside help. I've already spent around 30 hours with it over a couple of play-throughs and am still having a great time. I can't believe how much I love this series.
crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:18 pm This is a busy ass summer. Aside from some SMT3 (at the prison if that means anything to you Izzy. I don't like the gimmick here this far so progress is slow). Also, Sakura Wars might be a secret anime titty game. Which is ashame. I had a creepy interaction and might have to back off it yet again.

Barely touched the Steam Sale. I don't know what to buy!
Yeah, progress in some spaces could be a little cumbersome at times. For me, it accentuated the sense of a grand journey, but I know what you mean.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:49 pmImage

I'm sorry Milhouse. :P
I’m feeling a little better, I started using my prosthetic leg/foot again which has improved my mood a bit. Also, I’m still fine with PS4 for now. I have tons of PS4 games, so I’m not in a rush for PS5 quite yet.