B-Project Ryusei Fantasia
Brazen Blaze
Captain Contraption’s Chocolate Factory
Cataclismo
Clickolding
Corsair’s Madness
The Crust
Darkest Dungeon II
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Sweep the Board!
Dungeonborne
Dungeons of Hinterberg
Earl vs. the Mutants
EA Sports College Football 25
EvilVEvil
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
Flock
Fueled Up
Galactic Glitch
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
Gundam Breaker 4
Hot Lap Racing
Kiopioke
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
Let’s School
Magical Delicacy
Meifumado
Movies Tycoon
Nobody Wants to Die
Norland
Old School Rally
OutRage: Fight Fest
Over Horizon X Steel Empire
Relentless Frontier
Renaissance Kingdom Wars
Riviera: The Promised Land
The Sacred Acorn
Schim
Shell Runner
Space Prison
Supernatural
Union of Gnomes
USC: Counter Force
Vampire Therapist
Vorax
Yaoling: Mythical Journey
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 341: 7/13/24: Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Hey. Quick check in since the wife took the two big kids to her Vegas convention and left me with the toddler and the infant. So I will be more sparse until next weekend. I know, crazy. It's not like I have been playing much between my summer gig (which ends in two weeks) and taking care of the children anyway. As always, hope all is well fam. Later!
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 341: 7/13/24: Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Edition

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:57 pm Hey. Quick check in since the wife took the two big kids to her Vegas convention and left me with the toddler and the infant.
I feel tired just thinking about that. Good thing you have that swoll young man energy.

Played recently: Mad Max

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Children of Morta, Mad Max

Current backlog: 39

Mad Max is awesome! Exactly what I was in the mood for. Sweet Batman combat, badass vehicular combat and a big map to tame section by section a la Far Cry. Wish I could play it right this second.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: A few more from the Steam sale & a Fantatical pc bundle - see the haul thread, I don't wanna repost them here. :P

Last week: Played some FFX on the PC along with some Loop Hero (still not much of a game). Probably dabbled with some others.

This week: Finally hit my price on Infinite Wealth, so I ordered that last night using some Amazon credit I had. Gotta wrap up TMWEHN now, so that's what I'm working on. LET'S GOOOOOO!!!! :D

From last week's thread:
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:45 pm
argyle wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:57 pm BTW, the PS4 remake of the original R&C was so good that I don't know if I could ever go back & play the original. But yeah, I don't think any of the mainline R&C games are bad. Really bums me out that Insomniac is becoming a Marvel machine. :(
Oh man, I still adore the original. (as well as the 2016 remake) And yeah, I feel the same about Insomnia and Marvel. Such a boring way to be pigeonholed, even if I loved Spider-Man. I'd take R&C all day everyday as their primary focus though.

I just finished my second run, bought the RYNO, found a few more gold bolts (only a few left), and am looking at figuring out the skill points and buying the golden weapons. And I know many feel like you about "old" games, but I've never understood that perspective. Great games stand the test of time for me. I'm not saying there is never any improvement or refinement of some elements, but if I really loved a game when I played it, I'll still love it as long as I'm able to play.
Well I think you misunderstand, the reason I couldn't replay the original R&C has nothing to do with it being old, it's just that the first game was very rough around the edges in ways that they fixed even with the second game in the series (Going Commando). Not to mention the fact that Ratchet is a raging ASS towards Clank in the original game in a way that feels jarringly out of character for him in light of all of the other games. I replayed the original a few years ago, just before R&C 2016 came out, and I did NOT remember how much of a jerk he was in that game. They smoothed all of that out in the remake, and it feels much more in-line with the rest of the series.

I have no problem playing old games still, I do it fairly often - but if there's an objectively better version of said game out I see no reason not to play it over the original.

Phase - you have Gundam Breaker 4 in your release list for this week, is that right? I'm interested in that one but I didn't think it came out until later - checked & everything I see says it releases at the end of next month. Probably won't be a day-1 for me regardless, but just thought it was odd.

However...Kunitsu-Gami looks amazeballs. :shock:

Kunitsu-Gami-Path-of-the-Goddess_03.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:57 pm Hey. Quick check in since the wife took the two big kids to her Vegas convention and left me with the toddler and the infant. So I will be more sparse until next weekend. I know, crazy. It's not like I have been playing much between my summer gig (which ends in two weeks) and taking care of the children anyway. As always, hope all is well fam. Later!

:P
argyle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:49 pm Well I think you misunderstand, the reason I couldn't replay the original R&C has nothing to do with it being old, it's just that the first game was very rough around the edges in ways that they fixed even with the second game in the series (Going Commando). Not to mention the fact that Ratchet is a raging ASS towards Clank in the original game in a way that feels jarringly out of character for him in light of all of the other games. I replayed the original a few years ago, just before R&C 2016 came out, and I did NOT remember how much of a jerk he was in that game. They smoothed all of that out in the remake, and it feels much more in-line with the rest of the series.

I have no problem playing old games still, I do it fairly often - but if there's an objectively better version of said game out I see no reason not to play it over the original.
Robot lover. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:24 pmMad Max is awesome! Exactly what I was in the mood for. Sweet Batman combat, badass vehicular combat and a big map to tame section by section a la Far Cry.
I’m glad that you like it. I wanted to like it more than I did since I’m a big fan of third person open world action adventure games, but I didn’t find the sparse desert wasteland all that compelling and there was too much of an emphasis on car customization/combat that I didn’t particularly care for either. But if you like that aspect of the game then I can understand why it would appeal to you more.
argyle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:49 pmPhase - you have Gundam Breaker 4 in your release list for this week, is that right? I'm interested in that one but I didn't think it came out until later - checked & everything I see says it releases at the end of next month. Probably won't be a day-1 for me regardless, but just thought it was odd.
It turns out that the open network test for it is on July 19th which I mistook for the release date, the game comes out August 29th.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:31 pm Robot lover. :P
Clank.gif
Clank.gif (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4182 times
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:31 pm
argyle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:49 pmPhase - you have Gundam Breaker 4 in your release list for this week, is that right? I'm interested in that one but I didn't think it came out until later - checked & everything I see says it releases at the end of next month. Probably won't be a day-1 for me regardless, but just thought it was odd.
It turns out that the open network test for it is on July 19th which I mistook for the release date, the game comes out August 29th.
Ah, that makes sense - thanks! :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Undecided

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Don't forget that Jeanne d'Arc comes out today! $10
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:31 pmDon't forget that Jeanne d'Arc comes out today! $10
It’s only $10? :o
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:29 pm
jfissel wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:31 pmDon't forget that Jeanne d'Arc comes out today! $10
It’s only $10? :o
That is shocking - and I meant to comment on that when you posted it last week J. Very interested in it - I really hope it gets a physical release. That's actually one that Tam played more than I did on the PSP, so she might be up for giving it another go too.

My copy of Infinite Wealth came in the mail yesterday. ;) Mainlining TMWEHN now, hopefully I'll wrap it up this week so I can move on.