The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: Cat Quest III/SteamWorld Heist II Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: The, uh, It's August Edition?

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Jeanne d'Arc PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 44 games

Jeanne d'Arc - I just unlocked skill stone combining with that frog. And as I was playing recently, I was like, wait I think there was a Lion and a Dog character in this game...and then they joined not long after! Slowly remembering things about this game that I had forgotten. Still have a long way to go.
Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: Cat Quest III/SteamWorld Heist II Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Second Life

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Second Life

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Aero GPX
Arcade Paradise VR
Atlas Fallen Reign of Sand
Cat Quest III
Creatures of Ava
The Crush House
Cygni: All Guns Blazing
Deathbound
Eden Genesis
Fields of Mistria
Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds
Level Zero
Pepper Grinder
Preserve
Princess Maker 2 Regeneration
Revue Starlight: El Dorado
SteamWorld Heist II
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Isekai Chronicles
Train Valley World
Volgarr the Viking II
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: The, uh, It's August Edition?

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:04 pmI merged J's & Phase's threads. :)
Thanks.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: Cat Quest III/SteamWorld Heist II Edition

Post by argyle »

I merged J's & Phase's threads. :)

Games added: Nothing?

Last week: Played mainly Shadow of the Eldtree

This week: More of the same, plus I (re)started Owlboy on the Switch
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 344: 8/3/24: Cat Quest III/SteamWorld Heist II Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Alright, Humble Bundle and Capcom must be STOPPED! They have a bundle I really want but I have hoovered up the other Capcom bundles they had this year. I think I am only missing Monster Hunter World and Iceborne since I didn't grab that bundle. Soooo....anyone want any of the following keys for Steam or their Steam Deck:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Street Fighter 5 Championship Edition
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

I also do Humble Choice because I am a fool and just keep growing my backlog. I didn't claim anything from July or August so if you want keys for anything in those bundles, I am happy to pass it on.

Of course, if no one bites, I may hold on to them to give out to students as prizes ( I bribed one with Monster Sanctuary during a particularly important observation last year) or hold on to them for when the kiddo wants a Steam Deck and she can start with a tiny little library ready to go...Otherwise:

Played: Fenyx Rising, Sakura Wars (they keep making me a perv, I HATE that it's like that...but there's a mecha tournament arc, I HAVE TO PLAY IT) , Shadowrun Returns, and a tiny little kitten's paw of Megaton Musashi W. It's hard to commit to that one because babies and house duties, fam. But that will be my next by game.

Bought: Nothing this week. Yet. The FF Pixel Remasters are finally $60. And of course that Capcom Humble Bundle. I also bought a ton this summer that I need to catalog at some point in the haul thread

This week: Fenyx is breezy enough to play with the babies around and I can just put the Deck down and deal with them. Probably stick with that and Shadowrun Returns, they are breezy.
argyle

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:17 pm The FF Pixel Remasters are finally $60.
Speaking of...I just got an email from Video Games Plus, a really cool Canadian retailer, and they're taking preorders for a reprint they're doing of the North American physical release of this set (both PS4 & Switch versions). They do this pretty often, getting the rights to reprint games that have become rare & super expensive. Anyway, it's going for $100 Canadian, which according to Google's currency converter is about $72 USD. They also offer free shipping on any orders over $80 CAD, so there won't be any added shipping. Not a bad deal at all if anyone is interested.

https://videogamesplus.ca/products/fina ... 9598b61317

EDIT: Oh, and they say they'll start shipping preorders on Oct 8, so you won't have to wait THAT long.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Literally no contact with people for two weeks, now I have covid. A tiny cough and a bit of a runny nose but now I'm isolated in the basement. Oh well, time to find something to settle in with to play for a bit...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:03 pm Literally no contact with people for two weeks, now I have covid. A tiny cough and a bit of a runny nose but now I'm isolated in the basement. Oh well, time to find something to settle in with to play for a bit...
That stinks. (or doesn't? :P - gaming time!)

I got covid a couple times and had some nasty after effects after the second *very* mild case of it. I developed POTS and basically had to crawl around my place most of the time for a couple years due to the severity of the condition. It was a real problem for me. I never got the jab though. (I'm not trying to get all political up in here, lol.) Anyway, it eventually faded on its own - kind of just disappeared as quickly as it came, but it was truly debilitating. I didn't think it would ever go away, and sadly for some it apparently doesn't, and you can just be more or less a vegetable in the worst case.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I got the vaccine and at least two boosters since. I work in schools so it's required but beyond that, I ride the subway multiple times daily. I would have gotten it regardless. This is my first time having it ever. Honestly, I think the Petrie dish that is daycare makes the littlest man on the house the culprit. He has had a cough all week and the tiniest of fevers Monday. Plus I take care of him when he's home over summer since I'm here and I can't tell you how many times he's coughed in my face :P .

I am probably going to wrap up Sakura Wars and start Megaton Musashi W in earnest while I'm down here. Also going to listen to some books (listening to The Grift right now) and some long ass video essays like the one about the...not rivalry... anime supervillain drubbing that was Drake vs Kendrick Lamar (go ahead, guess who's side I took :lol: ). I have Crisis Core which is really short compared to everything else and tons of Steam Deck stuff as well so I should at least be entertained.

Oh and yes, I am still lifting. No one goes in the shed with my gear anyway, that's the argument my wife is getting...wish me luck :( ...
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:51 am Speaking of...I just got an email from Video Games Plus, a really cool Canadian retailer, and they're taking preorders for a reprint they're doing of the North American physical release of this set (both PS4 & Switch versions). They do this pretty often, getting the rights to reprint games that have become rare & super expensive. Anyway, it's going for $100 Canadian, which according to Google's currency converter is about $72 USD. They also offer free shipping on any orders over $80 CAD, so there won't be any added shipping. Not a bad deal at all if anyone is interested.

https://videogamesplus.ca/products/fina ... 9598b61317

EDIT: Oh, and they say they'll start shipping preorders on Oct 8, so you won't have to wait THAT long.
Thanks for the word! Wish I could bite but money is tight.

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:03 pm Literally no contact with people for two weeks, now I have covid. A tiny cough and a bit of a runny nose but now I'm isolated in the basement. Oh well, time to find something to settle in with to play for a bit...
Hope you feel better!

Played recently: Moonlighter

Finished: Moonlighter

Added to backlog: Moonlighter, Islanders, Asterigos: Curse of the Stars

Current backlog: 40

I started and finished Moonlighter over the past week or so. As a newly unemployed bum, it scratched an itch for productivity... you collect loot in dungeons at night to sell in your store during the day. It was a decent ride, but I don't know that I'd recommend it. The combat is very basic and there are some technical issues (bad load times, freezes, etc.). But I'm glad I played it.

What to play next... hmm....