The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
canedaddy
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:36 pm
Location: Maryland

The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition

Post by canedaddy »

New games this week:

Sept. 28
Keep Driving (PS5, Xbox, Switch)
Unshine Arcade (PC)

Sept. 29
Gothic II Complete Classic (PS5, Xbox)
Minecraft Dungeons II (PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC)
Nivalis Nights (PC)
Toem 2 (PS5, Switch, PC)
Way of the Hunter 2 (PS5, Xbox, PC)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Remastered (PS5, Xbox, PC, Switch 2)

Oct. 1
Don't Fret (PS5, Xbox, PC)
Dynasty Warriors 3 Complete Edition Remastered (PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC)
End of Abyss (PS5, Xbox, PC)
Ghost of Yōtei Complete Edition (PS5)

Oct. 2
Ace Combat 8: Wings of Theve (PS5, Xbox, PC)


(Had to give this one some love. I really enjoyed the first Toem.)


Played recently: Dragon Quest Builders

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

I'm just starting the third chapter of DQ Builders. Such a fun game. And even though I beat it 10 years ago on Vita, I don't remember a thing so it's like a brand new game! (A silver lining to old age mental failings. :P )
Image
User avatar
isthatallyougot
Posts: 1724
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 am

Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:26 am I'm just starting the third chapter of DQ Builders. Such a fun game. And even though I beat it 10 years ago on Vita, I don't remember a thing so it's like a brand new game! (A silver lining to old age mental failings. :P )
Ha, yeah, nice positive spin. Heck, you don't even need a library/backlog. You only need one really long game so that when you reach the end you can begin again as if it were brand new. :P

I'm about 6 hours into Onimusha 3, and it has been fun, if a bit formulaic, both in terms of my memory of the series and Capcom's bigger offerings in the PS2-ish era. I'm having a good time though.

I also have been continuing with Slay the Spire. Fun roguelike card-battler. I've had a couple of wins and am exploring other characters.

Also still working on season 2 of my current OOTP historical (fictional) franchise. We've cooled off a bit, but are still on a win pace to beat the all-time record of 116 season wins with about a month left in the season. I want that record, even if it's isolated to a world outside of the record, but I've never had a season like that in all my time playing. My fear is being so dominant and then laying a wretched egg that lands with a thud in the post-season. So, I'm not forcing over-use of important players, trying to maintain the bigger picture in focus while still hoping to break the record.
Image

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
User avatar
jfissel
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Wolverine

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games

Only like 2 hours into Wolverine, but having fun so far learning the mechanics and whatnot.
Image
User avatar
argyle
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:26 am New games this week:
Dynasty Warriors 3 Complete Edition Remastered (PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC)
Toem 2 Edition. Really?
glare.gif
glare.gif (1.54 MiB) Viewed 24 times
Games added: Sword of the Vagrant, and I cashed in some MS points to go ahead & preorder the Crimson Desert DLC that comes out next month

Last week: Finished nothing, played Balatro and Adventures of Elliot

This week: Same

I'm to Balatro what Izzy is to Slay the Spire right now. Just can't put it down. Working on clearing the gold seal difficulty on all the decks right now, and unlocking the few remaining things I still need to get along the way.

Also, I think my copy of Adventures of Elliot is defective. For some reason, whenever I turn it on, it's almost impossible to turn it back off. That game is Chrono Trigger meets old-school Zelda, and I absolutely love it.

So I read some juicy rumors about the upcoming Xbox today that, if true, guess it means I'll end up with one at some point. Supposedly, they're not only keeping the disk drive but also making it fully backward compatible with all past Xbox consoles. That would be major. In addition, I took a survey through their Insider program a couple of weeks back about potential features of the new console, how interested I was in each one, etc. One surprising one that kept popping up was the ability to play all PC games. So it's obviously going to be some kind of modified gaming PC. Very curious to see what it ends up being, I must admit.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Image
Post Reply